Nail your college Interview in 7 easy steps
Yippee….class 12th results have finally declared this calls for the next giant leap in the life of a student…!!
The DREAM COLLEGE…Every student has a dream of getting admission to the best college in the city. They are rushing through college websites, filling up forms, checking the cut-offs, and finally searching for their names on the list. After this comes the most crucial step of the selection process INTERVIEW…!!
There are many do’s and don’ts related to college interviews are circulating on the world wide web. So if you are gearing up for your college interviews, here are basic yet effective ways to nail the interview of your dream college:
- Dressing up to Impress: One famous quote, “First Impression is the last impression.” This famous quote is applicable in all spheres so our life, especially to our college interviews. It is not about looks; this is how we present ourselves, the way we carry ourselves. Just imagine. A situation: On one hand there is a boy coming who did not bother to dress up formally for the interview, comb his hair and wore a pair of slippers and on the other hand there is a boy who is walking in wear a nice tucked shirt, with tie, properly comb hair and polished shoes, Whom would you like to choose?. Obviously, The second student has shown that he is sensitive, mature, and cares about his opportunities at first sight. So, Dressing up to impress is the key.
- Prepare and conduct demo interviews: The vital key to crack a college interview is to prepare well in advance. Your role plays with your friend and family members the entire interview 5-10 times in advance. Firstly, prepare a list of tentative questions that might be asked in the interview. Prepare answers for each question. Now ask your friends/family members. Some of the commonly asked questions during college interviews are as follows:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- What are your strengths and weakness?
- Where do you see yourself after five years?
- What is your role model in life?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What do you think will be your biggest challenge in life?
- What specialization do you want to opt for?
- Tell me about any good book that you have read recently?
- Scroll through the college website: Make sure to visit the college website before going for the interview. Your interviewer might expect to ask you some questions about the college and why you want to join it. So put your efforts into coming up with different questions that cannot be easily found in the public domain.
- Keep your resume and certificates in a folder: Another simple tip for a college interview is to keep your resume and accomplishments certificates handy. Your interviewer might be interested in having a look at your scores.
- Position yourself as a Team Player: An interviewer always wants to know how you will be part of the collective or team. Use the pronoun “we” instead of “I.”; it will send signals to your recruiter that you can work in teams.
- Make eye contact: One of the most important forms of non-verbal communication is eye contact. It is essential to greet your interviewer and make proper eye contact with them. Maintaining direct eye contact with the interviewers reflects your two essential qualities – self-esteem and confidence. Throughout the interview, you should maintain direct eye contact with the interviewers to create connection and exude confidence. This only tip is of great importance while cracking any interview.
- Be yourself for nailing the college interview:Another essential tip for nailing college interviews. Throughout the interview, be yourself. If you let your true self shine through the interview, you will indeed send positive vibes to your interviewer, and that is it you are in your Dream College. Nevertheless, if you fail to master this skill, the chances are that the interviewer will sense your lack of authenticity right away.
So, folks, gear up, pack up your interview kits, keep the above points in mind, schedule practice sessions with friends, and get admission to the top BBA College in Delhi, NCR region.3
Dr. Ruhee Mittal
Associate Professor, RDIAS