DECODING ADMISSION PROCESS OF DELHI MBA COLLEGES, GGSIPU
MBA is one of the most sought after post graduate professional programmes in India. The most advantageous point that works in the favour of this course is that any graduate student from any discipline can pursue it. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) offers this programme in the following domains: MBA (General), MBA (Financial Analysis), MBA (Financial Management), and MBA (International Business). The programme is offered at the University School of Management Studies as well as the colleges affiliated with GGSIPU.
Admission Process/Criteria for MBA programme
It is essential for the students seeking admission in GGSIPU to appear and qualify for the Common Admission Test (CAT) exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). Admissions are based upon the percentile attained by the students in the CAT exam. Students who qualify for the CAT exam are required to submit an online application form as per the dates and schedule released by the university every year. Once the university receives all the application forms by the given deadline, it conducts counseling sessions for the admission of students based on percentile scores in CAT. After admission through CAT, if the seats remain vacant in the university and its affiliated institutes, then counseling is conducted on the basis of score in another national level Test – Common Management Admission Test (CMAT). If in case the seats remain vacant even after this, then GGSIPU may consider further admissions in the MBA programme by conducting its own Common Entrance Test (CET).
- For MBA (General/IB/Financial Management) – A minimum aggregate of 50% marks in any Bachelor’s degree programme of three or more years. Other than this, candidates who have cleared the final exam of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) or England, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India are also eligible for applying.
- For MBA (Financial Analysis) – A minimum aggregate of 50% marks in bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least one course in Statistics/Mathematics/Operations Research/Economics.
- Candidates from the reserved category (SC/ST/Wards of defense personnel/Widows/PWD) are allowed 5% relaxation in marks to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Any candidate who applies for the MBA programme should not be more than 35 years of age.
University school of studies/government institutions in Delhi/institutes located in Delhi/NCR except minority status institutions reserve 85% of their allotted intake for Delhi region students while 15% of the allotted seats are for the outside Delhi region.
Online Registration Process
- Candidate has to register themselves on the admission website – https://ipu.admissions.nic.in, by entering personal details (as asked) and choose a password for creating a login. After this, the candidate is provided with an application number which he shall use for subsequent logins to complete the rest of the activities.
- After this, the candidate is required to fill in the application form, pay the registration fee (Rs. 1200 plus other charges as applicable), upload images and other required documents.
- Once the application form is duly filled in and is complete in all respects, a link to the “Confirmation Page” will be enabled for downloading. The candidate may download the same/take a printout and keep that for further admission process completion.
- All the candidates are required to take two printouts of the registration form.
There are several prestigious government/affiliated colleges offering one of the best MBA programs under GGSIPU. University School of Management Studies and Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies are the government owned institutes offering this programme. The affiliated institutes include Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Management Education and Research Institute, Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Professional Studies, Gitarattan International Business School, and many more.
These institutes are pioneering in management education and offer experiential learning and competitive placements to students. You can visit their websites and check for further details.
Assistant Professor, RDIAS